Lockheed Martin announces Eglin completes 500TH F-35 sortie
Tuesday, Nov 06, 2012
The Integrated Training Center (ITC) here completed its 500th combined sortie for both the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) and F-35B short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) aircraft Friday. Flight operations for the F-35 began on the Emerald Coast March 6. There are currently 22 F-35s at Eglin as the fleet continues to grow supporting the team as it trains instructor pilots and maintainers. The team accomplished the 500 sorties in 238 days cutting the time between each milestone sortie.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Source: Lockheed Martin
Other Defence News
- Raytheon delivers first standard Missile-3 from new Alabama missile integration facility
- Raytheon extends ballistic missile defense capability through radar modernization effort
- Raytheon awarded $115.9 million to keep Patriot capabilities ahead of evolving threats
- Tarsis commences exploration at BP, Nevada and finalizes Almaden property acquisition
- Lockheed Martin, CAE establish Canadian training alliance for the F-35 Lightning II
- Northrop Grumman to upgrade container vessel navigation systems with VisionMaster FT ECDIS
- Raytheon Company announces Javelin Weapon System goes 5-for-5 in Yudh Abhyas trials
- Raytheon launches latest software to revolutionize Patriot, provide advanced capabilities to soldiers