Lockheed Martin announces Commando II goes west
Thursday, Jan 10, 2013Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] delivered an MC-130J Commando II to Cannon Air Force Base, N.M., today. Aircraft 5713 is the fourteenth of 27 MC-130Js to be assigned to the Air Force Special Operations Command. The squadron uses the Commando II on missions such as in-flight refueling, infiltration/exfiltration, and aerial delivery and resupply of special operations forces.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Source: Lockheed Martin
Other Defence News
- Nuclear Materials Safeguards and Security Upgrade Project completed under budget
- Animatronic mannequin to test protective equipment
- Airbus Defence and Space announces expands VSAT coverage in the Indian Ocean
- Bowtech Products Ltd shortlisted as “Employer of the Year” finalist in Grampian Awards for Business Excellence.
- Airbus Defence and Space announces launches next generation XChange for flexible maritime satellite communications
- CGI awarded DISA operational security certification for defense cloud services
- L-3 MAPPS Selected to Design the Integrated Platform Management System for the Royal Canadian Navy’s Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship Project
- Republic of Korea air force accepts first C-130J Super Hercules