LHR Marine Support Project Golden Cross
Tuesday, Sep 27, 2011
Marine Safety is a key concern for LHR Marine, therefore they are delighted to announce their sponsorship of Project Golden Cross. Saving maritime heritage is no easy task but this non-profit making exercise is designed – not only to restore a famous Clyde-built historic tugboat to her former glory – but allow her to take up a community role of promoting Safety at Sea to commercial marine operators and leisure craft users in Scotland whilst highlighting the achievements of Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, HM Coastguard and Mountain Rescue.
With assistance from the Scottish Government, 2012/13 will also see Golden Cross holding functions and presenting displays at high profile locations to encourage trade & exports: home and overseas guests with an interest in defence, offshore, oil and gas, maritime, engineering and alternative energy sectors attending. The Golden Cross is now the last operational vessel of her class in the world and is still powered by her original Crossley of Manchester 4 cylinder 2 stroke 882hp main diesel engine.
On the back of this announcement; The Defence Interaction Intelligence Agency (DIIA) has produced a special report entitled: A Special Report on Mooring, Marine & Offshore Safety Equipment.
LHR Marine’s reputation for selling Mooring Equipment is well known internationally and they also represent top quality manufacturers of: Working at Height Equipment, Marine Safety Products, Anti-Slip Solutions, Lifting & Handling Equipment, Workwear, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Industrial Supplies. LHR Marine’s recent successes include global agreements with major subsea shipping companies and international mooring companies which have been established from their service provision for over the last ten years from Aberdeen, Scotland and Perth, Australia.
Source: LHR Marine
Other Oil & Gas News
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 6608/11-8 in production licence 128
- Irving Oil partners with Acadia University as first natural gas customer in Nova Scotia
- ExxonMobil contributes to tornado recovery and relief efforts
- Alexander Energy Ltd. 11-12-56-27W4 well recompletion tests at 260 BOPD
- Audubon announces major dominion LNG liquefaction contract
- Greyrock to deploy plants that monetize low value associated natural gas
- Pioneer Natural Resources announces initial production results for first horizontal Wolfcamp Shale well in Martin County, Texas
- Pacific NorthWest LNG awards FEED contracts for LNG facility near prince rupert