Latest innovation, Bucket Connection System for Chain Bucket Elevators
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
RUD Chains Ltd have introduced a new bucket connection system 2WIN, providing heightened performance benefits and major changes from traditional bucket connection systems.
RUD Chains Ltd, a leading manufacturer of chain systems and components presents a major innovation via their bucket elevator systems. RUD offer complete systems for bulk materials handling with their BULKOS conveyor sys-tems.
BULKOS has system components available that are optimally adapted to the tasks of bulk materials transport either vertically or horizontally. The range of complete bucket elevators, scraper and drag chain conveyors or screw conveyors are designed and manufactured by RUD with round steel chains, forked link chains or rubber belts as the traction mechanism to suit a diverse range of applications.
Their latest innovation 2WIN represents a major change from traditional bucket connection systems. One of the short-falls of the traditional system is that it requires the chain to be cut then inserted into a D-type shackle at each bucket this single link connection supports the full weight of the system, sometimes creating dimensional differences in the brackets and chain that, in turn, can result in low efficiency and noisy operation.
The 2WIN system allows buckets to be installed without cutting the chain. The attachment fastens to the chain, spreading the bucket weight across three links, which, according to RUD, results in a number of significant perform-ance advantages:
• Compact attachments which fit directly onto the bucket with a simple bolt-on connection.
• Continuous chain strands create smoother operation – leading to significantly reduced wear rates on the drive components and bucket attachments.
• Better engagement characteristics with sprocket and reversing wheels – delivering improved power consumption and extending drive component service life.
• Full compatibility with existing chain-type systems and DIN standard buckets.
• Components are all designed for the simple conversion of existing belt and DIN system chain bucket ele-vators.
The innovative 2WIN connection offers a greatly enhanced design, creating a superior bucket elevator solution for all material handling applications.
RUD offer standard and specialised applications to meet the specific demands and requirements of your working environments. As a leading manufacturer and innovative product provider you can be confident in the decision that RUD will deliver top quality products, unrivalled support and technical advice to help meet even the most challenging circumstances.
For more information follow RUD Chains Ltd on Facebook & Twitter
Source: RUD Chains Ltd
Other Oil & Gas News
- DeepWater Buoyancy delivers Flotation Technologies Marine Measurements and offshore oil & gas products
- The 25 Leading companies in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) 2014
- Enerjex Resources announces Adena Field operations update
- Breitling Energy delivers case study presentation focusing on "U.S. Shale Gas and Tight Oil" at South Africa conferences