Kitsault Energy plans to explore establishing a pipeline for natural gas, LNG plant, and a dedicated export terminal for LNG, at Kitsault
Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013
KITSAULT, located 500 miles (800 km) north of Vancouver, British Columbia and 85 miles (140 km) north of Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada, is a purpose-built resource community with complete community infrastructure and housing for more than 1000 residents.
With nearly 350 acres land of industrial land, full BC Hydro service, and a deep water port, Kitsault makes both economic and environmental sense as the preferred location to be the LNG terminal site for the export of natural gas from North East British Columbia to Asia and other markets. Other LNG pipeline routing to Kitsault has already been proposed.
The well maintained Kitsault town site features over 90 occupant-ready family homes, and approximately 150 two and three and 3 bedroom condominium units. The community facilities include a complete community complex with an aquatic centre, community recreation rooms, an indoor arena for basketball, a curling ring and racquetball courts and much more. The town’s well maintained amenities include restaurant facilities, a shopping center, a post office, a bank, a supermarket, a medical centre, as well as numerous outdoor amenities.
Kitsault Energy is in the process of consulting First Nations communities about training, education and employment opportunities. The Kitsault LNG terminal will result in job training and permanent well-paying careers for First Nations’ youth.
SOurce: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other LNG News
- ABS Consulting completes design review for new approach to LNG storage tank construction
- Pacific NorthWest LNG to utilize BASF’s OASE Gas Treating technology for the purification of natural gas
- Gazprom selects WorleyParsons for major Russian LNG production and export facility “Vladivostok LNG
- Cheniere and Pertamina sign 20-year LNG sale and purchase agreement
- Exterran signs exclusive agreement with Black & Veatch to market innovative, cost-saving natural gas processing technology in North America
- Shell floats hull for world’s largest floating facility
- CUI Global announces retail sale of its VE Technology® to The Linde Group for use in liquid natural gas processing plant
- Tilbury LNG facility expansion and natural gas for transportation boosted by government announcement