Kitsault Energy believes Kitsault, BC to be the quickest and lowest cost to start a LNG Plant and Energy Export Terminal based on preliminary findings
Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013
KITSAULT, located 800 km (500 miles) north of Vancouver, British Columbia and 140 km (85 miles) north of Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada, is a purpose-built resource community with complete community infrastructure and housing for more than 1000 residents. With nearly 350 acres of industrial and residential land, full BC Hydro service, and a deep water port, Kitsault makes both economic and environmental sense as the preferred location to be the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal site for the export of natural gas from North East British Columbia to Asia and other markets. LNG pipeline routing to Kitsault has already been proposed by others.
An export terminal at Kitsault for LNG operation will have the shortest natural gas pipeline for the projects currently proposed in that region, saving 100 to 300 kilometers of pipeline at a cost savings of 1 to 3 Billion CAD / USD. The infrastructure in place in and around Kitsault will also allow for an accelerated start to the creation of an LNG plant and energy export facility. Kitsault already has staff housing, utilities, land, as well as multiple airport facilities, including an unused long runway airport at Nass Camp, one hour from Kitsault and 75 minutes from Terrace. Kitsault can also be accessed by float plane, helicopter, and road. Land exists to establish a runway in Kitsault itself. Surrounding Kitsault are many thousands of acres of Crown land.
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other LNG News
- ABS Consulting completes design review for new approach to LNG storage tank construction
- Pacific NorthWest LNG to utilize BASF’s OASE Gas Treating technology for the purification of natural gas
- Gazprom selects WorleyParsons for major Russian LNG production and export facility “Vladivostok LNG
- Cheniere and Pertamina sign 20-year LNG sale and purchase agreement
- Exterran signs exclusive agreement with Black & Veatch to market innovative, cost-saving natural gas processing technology in North America
- Shell floats hull for world’s largest floating facility
- CUI Global announces retail sale of its VE Technology® to The Linde Group for use in liquid natural gas processing plant
- Tilbury LNG facility expansion and natural gas for transportation boosted by government announcement