KBR to execute FLNG production vessel design work for GDF SUEZ
Thursday, Nov 08, 2012
KBR (NYSE:KBR) today announced that it has been selected by GDF SUEZ Bonaparte Pty. Ltd. (GDF SUEZ), operator of the Bonaparte LNG project, to execute floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) production vessel design work for its project offshore Darwin, Australia.
“This work follows KBR’s recent FLNG front-end projects in London, Houston and Perth. FLNG represents a new market for the industry and KBR’s engineering capability is already being utilized in several FLNG projects around the world.”
This award is one of two contracts being let by GDF SUEZ as part of an initial concept definition design competition for the vessel. The award also pre-qualifies KBR as a contender for the EPC delivery phase of the project. The concept definition work is already underway in KBR’s London operations centre in Leatherhead, and is expected to last up to 12 months.
KBR has developed an extensive global FLNG engineering capability in recent years, and draws on its experienced resource pool with capabilities in FPSO and onshore LNG EPC delivery.
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam