JinkoSolar signs three-year strategic cooperation agreement for 600 MW solar PV panels with China Three Gorges New Energy Corp.
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013
SHANGHAI, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), a leading global solar power product manufacturer, today announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with China Three Gorges New Energy Corp. ("CTGNE") to deliver, during the three years from 2013 to 2015, a total of 600 megawatts (MW) of its high-efficiency solar panels to be installed in western China.
"We are very pleased to sign this long term large contract and to further extend our cooperation with CTGNE, one of the largest and fastest growing developers of renewable energy projects in China, following our previous 50MW contract with CTGNE we announced in October 2012," commented Mr. Xiande Li, Chairman of JinkoSolar. "China is becoming a major and fast growing market for solar PV modules, and we believe that our strategic cooperation with CTGNE reflects CTGNE's confidence in the advanced technology, high quality, and reliability of our products."
JinkoSolar is a leading solar power product manufacturer with production operations in Jiangxi and Zhejiang Provinces in China and sales and marketing offices in Shanghai, China; Munich, Germany; Bologna, Italy; Montpellier, France; Zug, Switzerland; San Francisco, the United States; Queensland, Australia; Ontario, Canada and Singapore.
JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain with an integrated annual capacity of approximately 1.2 GW each for silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules as of September 30, 2012.
JinkoSolar distributes its photovoltaic products to a diversified customer base in the global PV market, including Germany, Italy, Belgium, Spain, the United States, France, Eastern Europe, China, India, Japan and other countries and regions.
About China Three Gorges New Energy Corp.
China Three Gorges New Energy Corp. ("CTGNE") is one of the first state owned enterprises to enter into the field of wind power. CTGNE actively explores opportunities in renewable energy including wind, solar as well as other clean energy technologies. CTGNE specializes in developing and operating large-scaled renewable energy projects.
Source: JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.
Other Renewable News
- Accenture to help Azure Power expand its solar generation business
- EPIA presents the Global Market Outlook for Photovoltaics 2014-2018 at Intersolar Europe
- Avianca Brasil and Byogy Renewables forge initiative to drive the global approval of Alcohol-to-Jet (ATJ) renewable jet fuel
- Intersolar North America strengthens focus on growing energy storage market
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan