JinkoSolar signs three-year strategic cooperation agreement for 600 MW solar PV panels with China Three Gorges New Energy Corp.
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013
SHANGHAI, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), a leading global solar power product manufacturer, today announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with China Three Gorges New Energy Corp. ("CTGNE") to deliver, during the three years from 2013 to 2015, a total of 600 megawatts (MW) of its high-efficiency solar panels to be installed in western China.
"We are very pleased to sign this long term large contract and to further extend our cooperation with CTGNE, one of the largest and fastest growing developers of renewable energy projects in China, following our previous 50MW contract with CTGNE we announced in October 2012," commented Mr. Xiande Li, Chairman of JinkoSolar. "China is becoming a major and fast growing market for solar PV modules, and we believe that our strategic cooperation with CTGNE reflects CTGNE's confidence in the advanced technology, high quality, and reliability of our products."
JinkoSolar is a leading solar power product manufacturer with production operations in Jiangxi and Zhejiang Provinces in China and sales and marketing offices in Shanghai, China; Munich, Germany; Bologna, Italy; Montpellier, France; Zug, Switzerland; San Francisco, the United States; Queensland, Australia; Ontario, Canada and Singapore.
JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain with an integrated annual capacity of approximately 1.2 GW each for silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules as of September 30, 2012.
JinkoSolar distributes its photovoltaic products to a diversified customer base in the global PV market, including Germany, Italy, Belgium, Spain, the United States, France, Eastern Europe, China, India, Japan and other countries and regions.
About China Three Gorges New Energy Corp.
China Three Gorges New Energy Corp. ("CTGNE") is one of the first state owned enterprises to enter into the field of wind power. CTGNE actively explores opportunities in renewable energy including wind, solar as well as other clean energy technologies. CTGNE specializes in developing and operating large-scaled renewable energy projects.
Source: JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.
Other Renewable News
- Availon lands new maintenance contract for Vestas® turbines
- EnviroGroup installs Australia’s largest grid-connected Enphase microinverter project in conjunction with Yingli Solar
- New Solar plant in El Centro, California starts operations
- GE Energy Financial Services progresses in solar with completion of investment in one of the world’s largest PV plants, in CA
- Etrion and Total secure financing with OPIC for 70 MWp Salvador solar project in Chile
- SunEdison interconnects more than 68 MW (DC) of new solar in Ontario during 2013
- TCEC-led report finds renewable energy and natural gas both play substantial roles in future Texas electric market
- Geotechnical survey on Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm site