JDR awarded subsea power cable contract for Total Ofon Field
Monday, Feb 18, 2013
JDR, a leading provider of technology connecting the global offshore energy industry, has been awarded a contract for the design and manufacture of two subsea power cables for Total Ofon Phase 2 project.
The contract was awarded by global subsea contractor Subsea 7 that is performing substantial works on this shallow water Nigerian project. The scope includes two five kilometre length subsea power cables, in addition to topside termination equipment and connection boxes.
JDR has previously worked with Subsea 7 in the North Sea on Dana Petroleum’s Medway project, offshore Netherlands. JDR has supplied subsea power cables for three previous Total projects offshore West Africa. These include Libondo (Congo, 2008), Anguille (Gabon, 2011) and TEPC (Congo, 2011). For the Ofon project the JDR engineering team developed a special cable design to ensure ‘on-bottom stability’ in the shallow waters where the cable will operate. The pull-in equipment was then specially designed to fit the platform J-tubes.
Antoine Legrand, Regoinal SCM Manager for Subsea 7, commented “JDR showed the capacity to achieve the challenging schedule our Project Team requires, and have good experience of Total specifications and expectations. After careful evaluation we were pleased to place this contract with them.”
Gavin Rippe, Sales Director for JDR Cable Systems, stated “JDR is delighted to be again working with two of our existing clients in the offshore industry – Subsea 7 and Total. We know our state of the art Hartlepool manufacturing facility and the excellent delivery times it offers, was an important element of this contract win.”
He continued: “Our Aftermarket Installation and Maintenance Service department (AIMS) will be mobilised to Nigeria to support the client’s offshore campaign. They provide 24/7 service through our global network of highly experienced and fully certified technicians.”
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam