Introducing the RUD Tool-Mover for the safe handling of injection moulding tools
Monday, Nov 12, 2012
RUD Chains Ltd is a leading manufacturer of high quality round steel chains and components for applications in mechanical engineering, hoisting, conveying and drive systems. With over 140 years of expertise to draw upon, you can be confident in the standard of RUD products.
The innovative Tool – Mover is one of RUD’s latest innovations, a manipulation device for the safe turning and tilting of heavy and awkward plant items such as plastic injection moulding tools.
The Tool-Mover offers many optimal safety features due to its innovative product benefits. It turns the load at the centre of gravity which means that the load is turned very smoothly and securely. The Tool-Mover is equipped with a frequency controlled drive which ensures an even and smooth drive from start to finish, and it can be stopped in any position securely even if power to the unit is cut.
Handling and turning of heavy injection moulding tools can be a dangerous job without the right equipment causing risk to the operators and damage to the costly tools if they are not turned effectively. The Tool-Mover offers many safety and handling advantages ensuring that the handling and tilting of heavy and sensitive injection moulding tools are moved safely and securely therefore reducing costs due to damaged tools and improving the safety of the operator.
The Tool-Mover is easy to use and position as it does not need to be bolted to the floor, it can be moved to locations in a facility by a crane or fork lift/pallet truck. It is able to turn injection moulding tools with a weight of up to 10 tonnes on a table measuring 1 metre x 1 metre x 1 metre by up to 90°.
Tools can easily be cleaned on the table due to its low platform height. The Tool-Mover is covered with polyurethane plates which help to preserve the tools.
Providing standard and tailored solutions to meet even the most demanding environments, RUD help to deliver applications that are catered to your requirements and project aims.
Source: RUD Chains
Other Petrochemical News
- BASF to establish world-scale specialty amines plant in Nanjing, China
- Independence Oilfield Chemicals introduces new crosslinking system, enables lower chemical content for fluids in unconventional shale fracturing
- Amarinth wins its first order from INEOS for flare knock-out pumps
- Gazprom’s expansion in Armenia guarantees sound and sustainable development of Armenian fuel and energy sector
- Air Products and NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN Pipeline & Engineering Co. Ltd. sign agreement for Hydrogen Fueling Station work in Japan
- Further to the announcement of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) related to its subsidiary Maaden Phosphate Company (MPC) shut down
- Strengthening of petrochemical operations in Japan
- Basic agreement on unification of naphtha cracker facilities in Mizushima