Intertek expands Singapore oil condition monitoring laboratory with advanced robotics automation
Monday, Jan 14, 2013
Intertek, a leading provider of quality and safety services to a wide range of industries around the world, has expanded and enhanced its lubricant testing and oil condition monitoring services (OCM) in Singapore, with a new automated, robotic sampling handling system. The robotic system improves analysis productivity and quality while allowing for faster reporting to clients.
“Intertek is focused on quality and makes continuous improvements to process and workflow. Investment in automation technology further reduces human error and improves productivity; providing improved turnaround time to our valued customers.”
The Intertek lubricants testing facility is strategically located in Singapore, providing local and regional customers with accurate and reliable data. The newly installed automated robotic facilities have further enhanced this process. Heavy equipment manufacturers, aviation parts suppliers, and machinery suppliers to service providers such as theme park operators, among others, use Intertek to perform quality assessment of lubricant oils.
Routine testing of lubricant samples by Intertek can help to identify potential quality problems before they become serious. By making recommendations for preventive solutions, Intertek helps clients avoid costly breakdowns and repair costs.
Stacey Tylka, Managing Director for Intertek South East Asia, said, “Intertek is focused on quality and makes continuous improvements to process and workflow. Investment in automation technology further reduces human error and improves productivity; providing improved turnaround time to our valued customers.”
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Teekay Offshore Partners signs new FSO contract with Statoil
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 6608/11-8 in production licence 128
- Irving Oil partners with Acadia University as first natural gas customer in Nova Scotia
- ExxonMobil contributes to tornado recovery and relief efforts
- Alexander Energy Ltd. 11-12-56-27W4 well recompletion tests at 260 BOPD
- Audubon announces major dominion LNG liquefaction contract
- Greyrock to deploy plants that monetize low value associated natural gas
- Pioneer Natural Resources announces initial production results for first horizontal Wolfcamp Shale well in Martin County, Texas