Industrial Auctioneers selected to jointly manage disposition of Schüco’s thin film solar module production and R&D assets
Monday, Dec 10, 2012
Maynards Europe GmbH, Hilco Industrial Europe and Heritage Global Partners Europe today announced that they have been retained by Schüco International, a worldwide pioneer in glass-glass photovoltaics (PV), including unique building-integrated (BIPV), to jointly manage a series of sales for its state-of-the-art solar module production and related capital assets located at Germany-based plants in Osterweddingenand Großröhrsdorf,and an R&D Center in Bielefeld.
“We are very excited about bringing three entire facilities to market. These sales represent a unique opportunity to acquire high-grade manufacturing machinery and R&D equipment at attractive prices, also offering the option to purchase the entire building and premises.”
“We are pleased that Schüco TF GmbH & Co. KG and Malibu Gmbh & Co. KG have selected our Joint Venture Team to maximize the value of their assets. We believe our global presence and familiarity with the international marketplace, paired with our expert local knowledge, will attract significant interest from worldwide buyers for this wealth of high quality equipment,” stated Daniel Kröger, Managing Director of Maynards Europe.
The series of sales have already begun with a Private Treaty Sale featuring two 60 MW turnkey solar module production facilities. R&D tools and Test and Measurement equipment is scheduled to be sold in 3 upcoming online auctions, along with thin-film PV module production equipment, in December 2012, as well as February and March 2013. A summary of assets for sale, photos and relevant information is available at Schüco Solar Auction.
“The equipment and technology offered can, together with a potential know-how-transfer, quickly put a buyer into a market-leading manufacturing position in the field of thin-film solar modules and BIPV,” noted Hilco’s Managing Director, Daniel Gray.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- ReneSola and Positive Energy Solar announce solar grants
- SSE plc announces acquisition of Dunmaglass wind farm project
- Globeleq inaugurates Nicaraguan wind project
- Eco Wave Power Expands to China announces Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's Prime Minister attended the signing ceremony between EWP and the Chinese Go
- SSE plc announces Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Ltd
- Georgia Power adds new biomass capacity from Georgia's Piedmont Green Power
- Northern New Mexico's premier solar integrator set to break ground on 18 KW solar project at Centinel Bank location in Taos, New Mexico
- Canadian Solar wins court case in relation to contract dispute with LDK