Industrial Auctioneers selected to jointly manage disposition of Schüco’s thin film solar module production and R&D assets
Monday, Dec 10, 2012
Maynards Europe GmbH, Hilco Industrial Europe and Heritage Global Partners Europe today announced that they have been retained by Schüco International, a worldwide pioneer in glass-glass photovoltaics (PV), including unique building-integrated (BIPV), to jointly manage a series of sales for its state-of-the-art solar module production and related capital assets located at Germany-based plants in Osterweddingenand Großröhrsdorf,and an R&D Center in Bielefeld.
“We are very excited about bringing three entire facilities to market. These sales represent a unique opportunity to acquire high-grade manufacturing machinery and R&D equipment at attractive prices, also offering the option to purchase the entire building and premises.”
“We are pleased that Schüco TF GmbH & Co. KG and Malibu Gmbh & Co. KG have selected our Joint Venture Team to maximize the value of their assets. We believe our global presence and familiarity with the international marketplace, paired with our expert local knowledge, will attract significant interest from worldwide buyers for this wealth of high quality equipment,” stated Daniel Kröger, Managing Director of Maynards Europe.
The series of sales have already begun with a Private Treaty Sale featuring two 60 MW turnkey solar module production facilities. R&D tools and Test and Measurement equipment is scheduled to be sold in 3 upcoming online auctions, along with thin-film PV module production equipment, in December 2012, as well as February and March 2013. A summary of assets for sale, photos and relevant information is available at Schüco Solar Auction.
“The equipment and technology offered can, together with a potential know-how-transfer, quickly put a buyer into a market-leading manufacturing position in the field of thin-film solar modules and BIPV,” noted Hilco’s Managing Director, Daniel Gray.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests