Idea to offer BlackBerry smartphones
Friday, Mar 06, 2009
Idea Cellular has tied up with Canada-based Research In Motion (RIM), maker of BlackBerry, to offer smartphones and services to individual as well as enterprise customers on its network.
Idea is the sixth Indian operator to offer BlackBerry smartphones. RIM already has tie-ups with Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar, Tata Teleservices, Reliance Communications and BPL Mobile. BlackBerry offers wireless access to email, phone, calendar, web and multimedia applications.
“BlackBerry smartphones will now be available on Idea stores, modern trade, and multi-brand outlets across 15 circles of Idea Cellular’s network,” the company said in a statement in Mumbai.
“With BlackBerry solution, Idea customers can now stay connected and access information in a timely manner, thus
increasing productivity and contributing to a better work-life balance,” Idea CMO Pradeep Shrivastava said.
Source: The Economic Times
Other Communication News
- Ooredoo launches first live IPX+ enabled network in the Middle East with Tata Communications
- Introducing the Nokia Lumia 928 - a new expression of the world's most innovative smartphone
- ISD to be the first edge-based video solution powered by Milestone Arcus
- Alcatel-Lucent announces data center, unified comms, transformation 4 stories of dynamic enterprises
- Nokia Asha platform unlocks sub-100 USD smartphone opportunity for developers
- Tim Celular S.A., Personal S.A. and Núcleo S.A. (Telecom Argentina) awarded SIAE MICROELETTRONICA for the supply of microwave solution for mobile bac
- Teryl Resources Corp. signs contract to drill the Fish Creek property, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Rogers launches worry free U.S. wireless roaming internet rate for Canadians