Heritage Oil completes the disposal of the remaining interest in the Miran Block, Kurdistan
Wednesday, Jan 23, 2013Heritage Oil Plc ("Heritage" or the "Company") (TSX:HOC)(LSE:HOIL), an independent upstream exploration and production company, today announces that it has completed the previously announced disposal of the remaining 49% interest in the Miran Block in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq ("Kurdistan").
On 12 November 2012, Heritage issued the Exchange Repayment Notice signifying the intention to repay the $294 million loan made by Genel Energy plc to Heritage in August 2012 through the transfer of Heritage's remaining 49% participating interest. Completion of the sale was subject to the approval of Heritage's shareholders, which was received overwhelmingly at the Extraordinary General Meeting on 12 December 2012. Completion was also subject to other customary closing conditions including relevant approvals being granted by the Regional Council for the Oil and Gas Affairs of Kurdistan, which have been received.
Following completion and receipt of formal approval of the transfer by the Regional Council, Heritage no longer has an interest in Kurdistan.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel