Hallin Marine's Windermere active in Maleo gas field, Indonesia
Thursday, Nov 08, 2012Hallin Marine, a Superior Energy Services company, announces that its SOV Windermere subsea operations vessel is providing offshore support services in the Maleo gas field off Madura, East Java. Operating on behalf of a major Indonesian oil company, the Windermere is engaged in a wide range of testing and platform support operations. These include repair and maintenance of subsea gussets, underwater welding of gusset plates and grouting work on mobile offshore production unit (MOPU) legs. A central element of the project is the Windermere's integral 15-man saturating diving facility.
"Gas from the Maleo field is being produced from a MOPU supported by a six-wellhead platform," explains John Giddens, Hallin Marine's Chief Executive Officer. This is connected to a 7.4 kilometre spur-line to the East Java Gas Pipeline for distribution to the Surabaya and Gresik gas grid. The region is notorious for strong wind and choppy seas. These create a challenging environment in which to perform saturation dive work.
"Hallin was selected for the contract because we are able to provide the precise solution the client is looking for. Windermere enjoys a high reputation in Indonesia, having carried out many projects in the region with great success. This latest project is expected to complete in mid November.
SOV Windermere is equipped for wellhead servicing, inspection and construction diving as well as remote-operated submersible vehicle support. Capable of accommodating 120 personnel, the 80 x 77 metre vessel incorporates a helicopter landing deck, high-capacity crane, a 15-man saturation diving system and three-man moonpool launched diving bell.
The Maleo gas field was discovered in June 2002 and is estimated to have proven and probable reserves of around 240 billion cubic feet. Production commenced in 2006 using a multiple-wellhead platform connected via a 7.4 kilometre spur to the East Java Gas Pipeline for distribution to the Gresik and Surabaya grid.
Source: Hallin Marine
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel