Greenfields Petroleum Corporation provide Bahar operations update-February 2013
Friday, Feb 08, 2013Greenfields Petroleum Corporation (the "Company" or "Greenfields") (TSX VENTURE:GNF)(TSX VENTURE:GNF.DB) announced that Bahar Energy Operating Company (BEOC), the operating company for Bahar Energy Limited (BEL) in which Greenfields owns a 33.33% interest, continues drilling on Gum Deniz Well 715 on Platform 2 using the PSG1 drilling rig. The rig is currently drilling 8-3/8" hole out of the 9-5/8" casing (set at 2,072 meters), and is currently at a depth of 2,464 meters. The target objectives will be encountered over the next 1,500 meters. The current rate of penetration is 10 meters per hour.
The PSG2 workover rig is currently fishing tubing on the Bahar well 198. The Bahar well 196 was recently recompleted and is now waiting on high pressure nitrogen to kick the gas well off. Work continues on upgrading and refurbishing Platforms 208a and 168 for future drilling and workover possibilities using another drilling rig and the workover rig PSG2, respectively.
Total production for December 2012 averaged 3,589 BOE/d (net Greenfields 1,137 BOE/d) and average 2012 production was 3,460 BOE/d (net Greenfields 1,095 BOE/d).
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel