General Dynamics awarded contract under new U.S. Army rapid-acquisition communications program
Tuesday, Nov 27, 2012General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) was recently awarded a contract under the U.S. Army’s new Global Tactical Advanced Communications Systems (GTACS) and Services program, which enables the rapid development and acquisition of a wide range of communications equipment and technical support needed by the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal agencies. The five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract has a total potential value of $10 billion among all 20 awardees if all options are exercised.
“General Dynamics has been a long-term partner of U.S. federal agencies, delivering the full complement of mission-critical tactical communications systems, engineering, products and services,” said Jerry DeMuro, executive vice president of Information Systems and Technology for General Dynamics. “We understand the military’s requirements and the challenges military and government personnel face, and will continue supporting their mission with solutions that are innovative, versatile and affordable through the GTACS program.”
GTACS is administered by the Army’s Program Executive Office, Command, Control and Communications-Tactical (PEO C3T), Special Projects Office, Northeast Regional Response Center and Project Manager, Warfighter Information Network – Tactical. The contract includes tactical command, control and communications system hardware, software, engineering, logistics, development, testing and systems-related support. GTACS replaces the World-Wide Satellite Systems program, for which General Dynamics C4 Systems was one of six prime contractors.
Source: General Dynamics
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam