FX Energy begins drilling Mieczewo-1K well Tuchola-3K well drilling at 2,053 meters
Tuesday, Jan 15, 2013
SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FX Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FXEN) today reported that drilling has commenced on the Mieczewo-1K exploration well. The well is a planned test of a Rotliegend structure at a projected depth of 3,360 meters. The Mieczewo-1K well is located in the western part of the 850,000 acre Fences concession, where the Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) is the owner of concession and operator and holds a 51% interest; the Company holds a 49% interest.
FX Energy also reported that the Tuchola-3K well which began drilling in late December of 2012 is currently at a depth of 2,053 meters. The Tuchola-3K well is planned to test a Main Dolomite target at approximately 2,550 meters and an independent Devonian oil target at a depth of 3,180-3,820 meters. The Tuchola-3K well is located on one of four blocks that comprise the 880,000 acre Edge concession area in northern Poland. FX Energy holds a 100% interest and operates the Tuchola-3K well and the Edge concession area.
About FX Energy
FX Energy is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with production in the US and Poland. The Company's main exploration and production activity is focused on Poland's Permian Basin where the gas-bearing Rotliegend sandstone is a direct analog to the Southern Gas Basin offshore England. The Company trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol FXEN. Website www.fxenergy.com.
SOURCE FX Energy, Inc.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Dominion to deliver additional volumes of natural gas from West Virginia to Ohio interconnection points
- CONSOL Energy provides latest Marcellus Shale well results acquires nearly 90,000 acres with Marcellus Shale and Upper Devonian potential
- Seismic cooperation in the southeastern Barents Sea
- Carbon Sciences considering Texas sites for first Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) plant
- Latest campaign raises Tanzania resources to 15 tcf
- As previously indicated, Technip will issue its preliminary 2014 market views on December 17, 2013 after the market close
- Qatar Petroleum, Zeon and Mitsui sign MOU for Ras Laffan elastomer project
- Eagleford Energy enters into joint development agreement