Ferus successfully fuels well stimulation project using LNG
Friday, Nov 30, 2012
DENVER, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The LNG Division of Ferus LP, a North American leader in the production and transportation of cryogenic liquids for the oil and gas industry, is pleased to announce the successful completion of what is believed to be the first-ever hydraulic fracturing operation utilizing liquefied natural gas (LNG) as engine fuel in North America.
Ferus' LNG Division was engaged by a major oil and gas service company in the United States to conduct the pilot project in October 2012, which involved six dual-fuel 2,250 horsepower pressure pumper units, powered by LNG, to stimulate well performance in the south Texas Eagle Ford shale.
"LNG offers significant environmental and cost-saving advantages and is quickly becoming the alternative fuel of choice for heavy-duty high horsepower on-road and off-road applications in North America," said Dick Brown, president and CEO of Ferus. "We were very pleased to play such a critical role in this ground-breaking project, and we intend to be at the forefront of this growing industry as more and more diesel consumers make the switch to North America's abundant supply of natural gas."
To complete this project, which marks a significant milestone in the adoption of natural gas as an alternative engine fuel, Ferus managed the entire supply chain on behalf of its client including LNG supply, transportation, and on-site storage and vaporization using specialized equipment and highly-trained personnel.
In addition to being a cleaner-burning and less expensive fuel alternative, LNG is non-toxic, non-combustible, non-flammable as a liquid, and dissipates into the atmosphere in the event of a leak or a spill, making it safer than diesel and gasoline.
The Ferus group of companies (Ferus) is privately-held by the Energy & Minerals Group, and provides integrated solutions to the energy industry for engine fueling, and well stimulation, well completions and enhanced oil recovery applications. With eight strategically-located cryogenic plants in Canada and the US, as well as a fleet of over 300 specialized transportation and storage assets operated by highly trained personnel, Ferus provides a dedicated supply of cryogenic fluids (liquid nitrogen, liquid carbon dioxide and liquefied natural gas) and all related logistical services to our customers in the energy industry.
SOURCE Ferus LNG
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam
- Contract extension for Safe Hibernia
- Aker Solutions Wins Contract to Deliver Subsea Production System for Total's Kaombo Development in Angola