Ericsson closes acquisition of Canada-based Telcocell
Friday, Sep 06, 2013
Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) today announces the completion of its acquisition of Telcocell in North America. Today's closing follows the announcement on July 23, 2013.
Paolo Colella, Head of Consulting and Systems Integration, Ericsson, says: "With Telcocell we strengthen and further expand our consulting and systems integration capabilities in converged charging and billing in North America. This acquisition confirms our commitment to broaden Ericsson’s expertise in the IT-transformation area."
The acquisition also complements Ericsson's existing comprehensive Business Support Systems product portfolio.
Ericsson welcomes approximately 200 skilled consulting and systems integration professionals who will be integrated into Ericsson in North America over the coming months and will work under the Ericsson brand as of September 3, 2013.
Ericsson is the clear market leader in telecom services worldwide providing a wide range of services to operators. The branch for Consulting and Systems Integration (CSI) services assist service providers and operators in driving business transformation and ensuring competitiveness at the intersection where IT meets networks.
Ericsson has about 15,000 consulting and systems integration experts globally and delivers more than 1,500 consulting and systems integration projects on a yearly basis. To enable customers to transform their operations and IT environments and to improve the user experience, increase efficiency and enable service innovation, Ericsson offers a combination of strong services capabilities and a comprehensive software portfolio.
Other Communication News
- Ocean Signal expands into Brazil
- Telstra readies Australia for extreme data speeds with 4G LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation
- IKEA, Orange and Alcatel-Lucent announces what do these three brands have in common?
- Nokia Italia partners with Sky and Microsoft for the global debut of Sky Go on Nokia Lumia devices
- Customers test BlackBerry's latest enterprise mobility solution
- Telecon Group announces the acquisition of some assets and business activities of Netricom's Wireless Network Construction Division
- CRTC wireless code comes into force announces Canadians can cancel their contracts without penalty after two years
- Peraso launches 802.11ad modules for wireless backhaul