Endeavour announces the mobilization of the Transocean Prospect to the Rochelle field
Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Endeavour International Corporation (NYSE: END) (LSE: ENDV) today announced that the Transocean Prospect semi-submersible drilling rig has been mobilized to the Rochelle field to complete the drilling of the East Rochelle development well in the U.K. Central North Sea.
"The decision at the end of last year to suspend the first well due to the inability to perform simultaneous pipe-lay and development drilling operations has facilitated a critical aspect of the development, the subsea infrastructure, to be completed," said William L. Transier, chairman, chief executive officer and president. "Once the remaining section of the well is drilled and the well is tied in, we will be in a position to start production of hydrocarbons from East Rochelle."
Endeavour is the operator of the Rochelle development project and holds a 44%ownership interest in the Rochelle development which is comprised of Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c and 15/27.
Endeavour International Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of energy reserves in the North Sea and United States. For more information, visit www.endeavourcorp.com .
SOURCE Endeavour International Corporation
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other North Sea Oil News
- Dana Petroleum’s Western Isles development brought to life in new project film
- EnQuest places North Sea IRM project with Hallin
- Noble receives contract award for new ultra-high specification jackup to be constructed for Mariner project
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 16/2-20 in production licence 501
- Petroleum Safety Authority Norway announces consent to use Floatel Superior on Kvitebjørn
- Technip awarded a contract for the Norne field in Norway
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces drilling permit for well 6608/2-1 S in production licence 330
- Bilfinger Salamis UK continues long-term relationship with Chevron with multimillion contract award