Emerson to provide power technology for two Solar Energy Projects In California
Friday, Jun 29, 2012
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) today announced it will supply utility-scale power inverters for two solar energy projects in California with capacity to produce a combined 70 megawatts of power.
“We expect these two facilities to help boost the local economy by creating jobs and clean, renewable power”
Quanta Power Generation, Inc., a subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc., will use Emerson power inverters to convert DC power from solar arrays into AC power, which is placed directly on the electric grid and is used by homes and businesses. Emerson’s power inverters are controlled through a state-of-the-art inverter management system.
“We expect these two facilities to help boost the local economy by creating jobs and clean, renewable power,” said Mike DonMoyer, President of Quanta Power Generation, Inc. “Emerson’s innovative inverter technology, commitment to service and dependability made the company a logical choice for the project.”
Located about 60 miles southeast of Fresno, California, the larger of the two plants, with capacity to generate 50 megawatts of power, is estimated to be complete by the end of the year. The smaller plant will have capacity to produce 20 megawatts with anticipated completion in October 2012. The projects are owned and being developed by two project company subsidiaries of GCL Solar Energy, Inc., a leading global solar power producer. GCL selected Quanta Power Generation to provide the engineering, procurement, and construction services for the project.
“Emerson is pleased to be expanding its portfolio of solar energy projects in California,” said Mark Bulanda, who serves as world leader for Emerson’s solar and wind energy initiatives. “We pride ourselves on supplying this and other critical technology solutions to some of the largest and most innovative energy projects in the nation. We’re looking forward to our work with Quanta Power Generation and further demonstrating our commitment to helping meet renewable energy goals.”
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Hannon Armstrong ("HASI") and Sol Systems collaborate to deploy up to $100 million of debt financing for distributed solar project developers in 2014
- EasySolar announces the all-in-one solar power solution
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests