Emerson to provide power technology for two Solar Energy Projects In California
Friday, Jun 29, 2012
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) today announced it will supply utility-scale power inverters for two solar energy projects in California with capacity to produce a combined 70 megawatts of power.
“We expect these two facilities to help boost the local economy by creating jobs and clean, renewable power”
Quanta Power Generation, Inc., a subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc., will use Emerson power inverters to convert DC power from solar arrays into AC power, which is placed directly on the electric grid and is used by homes and businesses. Emerson’s power inverters are controlled through a state-of-the-art inverter management system.
“We expect these two facilities to help boost the local economy by creating jobs and clean, renewable power,” said Mike DonMoyer, President of Quanta Power Generation, Inc. “Emerson’s innovative inverter technology, commitment to service and dependability made the company a logical choice for the project.”
Located about 60 miles southeast of Fresno, California, the larger of the two plants, with capacity to generate 50 megawatts of power, is estimated to be complete by the end of the year. The smaller plant will have capacity to produce 20 megawatts with anticipated completion in October 2012. The projects are owned and being developed by two project company subsidiaries of GCL Solar Energy, Inc., a leading global solar power producer. GCL selected Quanta Power Generation to provide the engineering, procurement, and construction services for the project.
“Emerson is pleased to be expanding its portfolio of solar energy projects in California,” said Mark Bulanda, who serves as world leader for Emerson’s solar and wind energy initiatives. “We pride ourselves on supplying this and other critical technology solutions to some of the largest and most innovative energy projects in the nation. We’re looking forward to our work with Quanta Power Generation and further demonstrating our commitment to helping meet renewable energy goals.”
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan
- Nice-Pak products and PDI complete largest Rooftop solar array in Rockland County
- Renewable Energy Group achieves one billion gallon milestone
- KYOCERA invests in solar projects valued at $38M with U.S. Light Energy
- InterGen announces agreement with IEnova for the purchase of 50 percent of the first phase of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind project