EDF Renewable Energy announces operation of the 150 megawatt Bobcat Bluff Wind Project
Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013
EDF Renewable Energy, formerly enXco, today announced that the 150 megawatt Bobcat Bluff Wind Project, located in Archer County, Texas, became operational on December 26, 2012.
“Bobcat Bluff represents EDF Renewable Energy’s first project in the ERCOT market, and our second in the state of Texas, where we commissioned 311 MW of new wind capacity in 2012”
EDF Renewable Energy acquired the project in March 2012 and commenced construction in April. The project, consisting of 100 GE 1.5 megawatt turbines, spans approximately 12,500 contiguous acres, 20 miles south of Wichita Falls. In an average wind resource year, Bobcat Bluff is expected to generate clean electricity sufficient to supply the needs of approximately 40,000 average homes.
“Bobcat Bluff represents EDF Renewable Energy’s first project in the ERCOT market, and our second in the state of Texas, where we commissioned 311 MW of new wind capacity in 2012,” commented Ryan Pfaff, Executive Vice President of EDF Renewable Energy. “We are pleased to bring the project to fruition, aided in no small part by the state’s promotion of a business-friendly environment, as well as local stakeholders who understand the critical importance of wind energy to our nation’s energy portfolio.”
The project will be operated and maintained by EDF Renewable Services. EDF Trading will provide energy management services and act as the qualified scheduling entity.
With Bobcat Bluff, EDF Renewable Energy has successfully put into service five wind projects for a total of 654.3 megawatts during 2012 bringing total installed capacity of all renewable projects in the United States to 1,785 megawatts.
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- ReneSola and Positive Energy Solar announce solar grants
- SSE plc announces acquisition of Dunmaglass wind farm project
- Globeleq inaugurates Nicaraguan wind project
- Eco Wave Power Expands to China announces Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's Prime Minister attended the signing ceremony between EWP and the Chinese Go
- SSE plc announces Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Ltd
- Georgia Power adds new biomass capacity from Georgia's Piedmont Green Power
- Northern New Mexico's premier solar integrator set to break ground on 18 KW solar project at Centinel Bank location in Taos, New Mexico
- Canadian Solar wins court case in relation to contract dispute with LDK