Drilling permit for well 16/2-16 in production licence 501
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for well 16/2-16, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 16/2-16 will be drilled from the Transocean Winner drilling facility at position 58°51’1.14’’ north 02°35’50.55’’ east for Lundin Norway AS in production licence 501.
The drilling programme for well 16/2-16 relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 501. Lundin is the operator with a 40 per cent ownership interest. The other licensees are Statoil Petroleum AS with 40 per cent and Maersk Oil Norway AS with 20 per cent.
The area in the production licence consists of parts of blocks 16/2, 3, 5 and 6. The well will be drilled 3.1 kilometres northwest of the 16/2-6 discovery well and 3.1 kilometres east of the 16/2-10 appraisal well on Johan Sverdrup in the central part of the North Sea.
Production licence 501 was awarded on 23 January 2009 (APA 2008). This is the eleventh well drilled within the licence area.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Source: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
Other Oil & Gas News
- FTTN moves forward with Texas acquisitions as State’s oil production outpaces rivals
- Severstal to improve heavy plate quality for South Stream and Power of Siberia oil and gas projects
- Delek Group announces discovery of natural gas at the "Karish 1" exploratory well
- Max Petroleum Plc provide drilling update
- Tower Resources plc announces statement regarding the results of the Wingat-1 exploration well, Walvis Basin, Offshore Namibia
- Salamander announces North Kutei drilling insurance claim
- FMC Technologies awarded subsea equipment contract for Shell's Stones field
- Noble Energy announces Karish discovery in the Levant Basin offshore Israel