Dantec stages Singapore distributor conference
Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013
Composite hose manufacturer Dantec has held its first ever distributor conference bringing together agents from Asia and the Middle East at the British Embassy in Singapore.
During the event, Malaysian distributor Arinex announced it had doubled its sales of Dantec hoses in the last six months.
Mersey based Dantec manufactures composite hose for the transfer of petrol, oil products, chemicals and liquefied gases.
Distributors from China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and UAE converged at the reception. Key regional customers also attended.
Dantec managing director John Laidlaw said the initiative was designed to reinvigorate the firm’s push into the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Middle East markets.
“Distributors are at the front line of Dantec’s global sales drive,” he said. “Our distributor conference focussed on motivating and empowering our distributors to share their ideas and successes. We are all trying to achieve the same thing and we can all learn from each other. This year we have seen an increase in sales to the APAC region and have doubled sales to the Middle East. This is testament to the hard work of our distributors. We are keen to make further strides in the APAC and Middle East regions which hold huge potential for us as hubs of global transport and shipping.”
Dantec works with more than 50 distributors to target the export market. Exports make up more than 70pc of the firm’s £5.6m turnover.
Dantec managing director John Laidlaw said the firms composite hoses are a ‘vital link’ in the transfer of hazardous liquids. He added that the APAC and Middle East regions are flooded with cheap inferior product.
“Composite hose is a critical safety product,” he said. “An operation is only as strong as its weakest link so quality should never be compromised. Dantec has a high quality, market leading product that excels at providing safety in high risk areas. With more than 40 years investment in research and development, Dantec composite hoses are truly dependable. In the APAC and Middle East regions, the trend is moving away from widely available cheap product towards quality. Dantec will continue to capitalise on the opportunities that exist for growth in these regions.”
For further information on Dantec’s hoses, visit www.dantec.com.
Other Chemical News
- Chemtrade announces acquisition of General Chemical, strengthening and expanding its existing platform
- Enerkem begins commissioning of front-end systems at the Enerkem Alberta Biofuels facility in Edmonton, Canada
- Nation Ford Chemical receives National performance improvement Honor
- AkzoNobel joins Together for Sustainability (TfS) to enhance global supply chain
- Dow announces carve-out scope for $5 billion of commodity chemicals businesses
- CB&I announces contract for U.S. Ethylene plant
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for engineering, procurement and related services for CODELCO Molybdenum Refinery in Chile
- BASF and the Petroleum Institute cooperate on gas treatment research