Continental Gold provides 2013 exploration and development plans for the Buritica Project, Colombia
Friday, Jan 11, 2013Continental Gold Limited (TSX:CNL)(OTCQX:CGOOF) (the "Company") is pleased to provide details of its 2013 exploration and development plans for the Buritica project in Antioquia, Colombia.
Exploration Plans (Figure 1)
The Company's 2013 drilling plan will utilize a minimum of seven diamond drill rigs to drill 95,000 metres, with 48,000 metres focused on exploration targets. In light of the early success achieved in drilling the La Estera area, drilling has already resumed and will continue to expand and define the three vein systems discovered in 2012. The next batch of assay results from this area is expected to be released in early February 2013. The remaining budgeted exploration metres will test the San Agustin and the Pinguro areas, with drilling commencing at the beginning of Q2 2013.
The remaining fifty percent of planned drilling will continue to define the Yaragua and Veta Sur vein systems in order to increase the measured and indicated categories in the current mineral resource estimate. The underground drilling in the Yaragua vein system is well underway and the Company remains on track to begin underground drilling in the Veta Sur vein system by March 2013. Deep underground drilling in the Yaragua vein system is expected to commence later in 2013 once the Higabra Valley tunnel development has sufficiently advanced. The next set of assay results from the Yaragua and Veta Sur vein systems are expected prior to the end of January.
Other Metal News
- Colossus Minerals provides development update
- Global Alumina announces agreement to sell its interests in Guinea Alumina Corporation
- MDN terminates its agreement with Metalinvest for the Ikungu project
- Northern Shield intersects gold veinlet at wabassi - drilling to resume to test gravity anomaly at "E"
- Sarama Resources continues to consolidate its position at the South Houndé project in Burkina Faso
- Teryl Resources Corp. signs contract to drill the Fish Creek property, Fairbanks, Alaska
- IMX commences regional exploration work at Nachingwea
- TAD adds additional ground to the Iskut Copper Gold Prospect in British Columbia