Continental Gold files NI 43-101 technical report on Buritica Project
Friday, Nov 16, 2012Continental Gold Limited (TSX:CNL)(OTCQX:CGOOF) ("Continental" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that, further to its press release of October 1, 2012 announcing an updated mineral resource estimate for the Buritica project in Colombia, the Company has filed with Canadian securities regulators an independent technical report prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 ("NI 43-101") entitled "2012 Mineral Resource Estimate of the Buritica Gold Project, Colombia" (the "Technical Report"), containing the updated mineral resource estimates. The Technical Report covers two major vein systems, with combined Measured and Indicated mineral resources of 3,740,000 tonnes of mineralized material containing 1,640,000 ounces of gold grading 13.6 g/t gold, 4,600,000 ounces of silver grading 38 g/t silver, and 55,800,000 pounds of zinc grading 0.7% zinc. The Inferred mineral resource is 13,330,000 tonnes of mineralized material containing 3,760,000 ounces of gold grading 8.8 g/t gold, 14,200,000 ounces of silver grading 33 g/t silver and 156,500,000 pounds of zinc grading 0.5% zinc. The Technical Report, dated November 15, 2012, with an effective date of October 22, 2012, was prepared for the Company by Mining Associates Pty Limited.
A copy of the Technical Report can be accessed under the Company's SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com, or on the Company's website at www.continentalgold.com.
Other Mining News
- Comstock Mining to participate at the current trends in mining finance conference hosted by the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration Inc.
- Sierra Metals expands mining of the Bolivar mine, Chihuahua, Mexico and initiates aggressive regional exploration
- Patriot Coal to reduce coal production
- Ore grades spike in North Raise area of LKA's Golden wonder mine
- Marathon completes successful sprite zone winter drilling program, Valentine Lake property
- Aureus Mining Inc. - appointment of MonuRent to provide and maintain fleet for owner mining operation at the New Liberty Gold Project in Liberia
- Vista Gold Corp. announces option agreement on the Guadalupe de los Reyes project
- Ivanhoe Mines' drilling program extends depths of rich zinc and copper zones at the Kipushi Mine in D.R. Congo