CONSOL Energy selects LNG provider Linde to help power its drilling and hydraulic fracturing operations
Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013
Linde North America, a global leader in the growing liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueling market, today announced that CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE: CNX) has contracted with Linde to supply LNG and related equipment and services for all of its operations in the Marcellus and Utica basins.
This new agreement follows successful completion of a trial conducted by the two companies using Linde’s LNG to replace some of the diesel fuel used to power the diesel engines (gensets) that drive drilling rigs. Under the new agreement, Linde’s LNG solution will be used to power gas drilling for CONSOL and may also be expanded to applications such as hydraulic fracturing, mining and marine operations. The LNG-diesel dual-fuel solution lowers the cost of producing on-site power at gas and oil operations and burns more cleanly than diesel fuel alone.
“We are very pleased that innovator CONSOL Energy has chosen Linde to supply LNG and related equipment and services for all of its operations”
Linde North America is a member of The Linde Group, a world–leading gases and engineering company. CONSOL Energy is a publicly owned Pittsburgh-based producer of coal and natural gas with active exploration and production operations in the Marcellus and Utica shales. It is the leading diversified energy producer in the Appalachian basin.
Jeff Boggs, vice president of drilling for CONSOL Energy said, "The success of our initial collaboration with Linde to power our drilling operations with a hybrid fuel incorporating LNG gave us the confidence to expand our use of this economical, cleaner-burning fuel. Linde has been a great partner, working with CONSOL to safely and reliably implement the use of LNG in our drilling operations. We look forward to working with Linde as we expand our use of LNG to achieve the operational and environmental benefits of natural gas fueling throughout our operations."
“The successful test of our dual LNG-diesel fuel solution in partnership with CONSOL Energy is another demonstration of the safety, feasibility, and efficiency of making the transition to LNG as a primary power source,” said Earl Lawson, head of Energy Solutions for Linde North America. “We are very pleased that innovator CONSOL Energy has chosen Linde to supply LNG and related equipment and services for all of its operations,”
Source: Business Wire
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Drilling News
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces Stella field development drilling commences
- Dolphin Drilling Ltd unveils new deepwater drillship
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces Stella field development drilling commences 18 June 2013
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc. announces letter of award for a 5 well drilling contract for the Ocean Rig Skyros
- GeoPark Holdings Limited announces new development drilling success in Tua oil field in Colombia
- AGR announcess major operator signs up for Enhanced Drilling’s RMR® services in USD3m agreement
- Lundin Petroleum AB announcess Johan Sverdrup PL265 appraisal well 16/2-17S and exploration well 16/2-17B successfully completed
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces delineation of the 16/2-6 Johan Sverdrup oil discovery – 16/2-17 S and 16/2-17 B