Chevron extends Barrow Island contract with Clough AMEC in Western Australia
Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012AMEC, the international engineering and project management company, today announced that the Clough AMEC joint venture (Clough AMEC) has been awarded a contractextension valued in excess of Aus$20 million for the provision of engineering services to Chevron’s oil facilities at Barrow and Thevenard Islands, located off the coast of Onslow, Western Australia.
This is the second one-year extension awarded on the contract, which was originally secured by Clough AMEC in 2008 for an initial three-year period.
The scope of work includes conceptual studies, front-end engineering design, detailed engineering, procurement support, development of construction work packs and construction planning. Work will be performed by Clough AMEC’s offices in Perth.
“This contract extension is testament to Clough AMEC’s collaborative strength in the provision of brownfield services,” said AMEC’s Vice President, Asia Pacific, Garry Dryburgh. “We look forward to working with Chevron to achieve their long-term objectives, safely and sustainably.”
Clough’s Executive Vice President of Commissioning and Asset Support, Max Bergomi, said: “We are pleased to extend our long-term relationship with Chevron to support their oil facilities on Barrow and Thevenard Islands. This is an important contract for our Commissioning and Asset Support business and we will continue to work closely with our client and partner to help achieve operational excellence for these facilities.”
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam