Brownstone commences testing of Flami-1 well
Thursday, Jun 07, 2012Brownstone Energy Inc. (TSX VENTURE:BWN)(OTCQX:BWSOF) ("Brownstone") is pleased to announce that it has received the following operational update for its Flami-1 well, Llanos Block 27, Colombia.
Santa Maria Petroleum Inc. (formerly Quetzal Energy Ltd.) has advised that testing of the Flami-1 well at the Llanos 27 Block will begin shortly.
The Flami-1 well commenced drilling on April 23, 2012. The well was drilled with the Saxon 132 1,500 horsepower rig and was successfully drilled to a total depth of 9,300 feet on May 31 2012.
Well logs indicate an estimated 20 feet of potential gross oil pay in the Mirador formation and 22 feet in the Une formation. Completion and testing operations will begin with the Une formation with the Mirador to follow. Testing of the potential zones is expected to take approximately 3 weeks.
Brownstone is paying 50% of the gross amount and will earn 45.275% of production before payout and 34.25% of production after payout under a private participating interest agreement.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Dominion to deliver additional volumes of natural gas from West Virginia to Ohio interconnection points
- CONSOL Energy provides latest Marcellus Shale well results acquires nearly 90,000 acres with Marcellus Shale and Upper Devonian potential
- Seismic cooperation in the southeastern Barents Sea
- Carbon Sciences considering Texas sites for first Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) plant
- Latest campaign raises Tanzania resources to 15 tcf
- As previously indicated, Technip will issue its preliminary 2014 market views on December 17, 2013 after the market close
- Qatar Petroleum, Zeon and Mitsui sign MOU for Ras Laffan elastomer project
- Eagleford Energy enters into joint development agreement