Brownstone commences testing of Flami-1 well
Thursday, Jun 07, 2012Brownstone Energy Inc. (TSX VENTURE:BWN)(OTCQX:BWSOF) ("Brownstone") is pleased to announce that it has received the following operational update for its Flami-1 well, Llanos Block 27, Colombia.
Santa Maria Petroleum Inc. (formerly Quetzal Energy Ltd.) has advised that testing of the Flami-1 well at the Llanos 27 Block will begin shortly.
The Flami-1 well commenced drilling on April 23, 2012. The well was drilled with the Saxon 132 1,500 horsepower rig and was successfully drilled to a total depth of 9,300 feet on May 31 2012.
Well logs indicate an estimated 20 feet of potential gross oil pay in the Mirador formation and 22 feet in the Une formation. Completion and testing operations will begin with the Une formation with the Mirador to follow. Testing of the potential zones is expected to take approximately 3 weeks.
Brownstone is paying 50% of the gross amount and will earn 45.275% of production before payout and 34.25% of production after payout under a private participating interest agreement.
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Oil & Gas News
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Meeting between the Ukrainian Minister of Energy, Yuri Prodan, and Eni's CEO Paolo Scaroni
- Linc Energy’s dispute with QLD Government not considered a material issue
- What America is Thinking on Energy Issues – Poll: Large majorities of Illinois voters support U.S. investments in oil and natural gas
- Pre-salt production breaks new record and reaches 428 thousand barrels of oil per day
- Petroleum Demand Up in March, Down in First Quarter (includes Monthly Statistical Report)
- Summit Completes 68-mile Transmission Pipeline; Now Serving at UPM Madison
- Oando Energy Resources increases deposit for acquisition of Nigerian Upstream Oil and Gas Business of ConocoPhillips