Brookfield Renewable succeeds in bid for Western Wind
Friday, Feb 22, 2013Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P. (TSX:BEP.UN) ("Brookfield Renewable") and WWE Equity Holdings Inc. (the "Offeror") today announced that the Offeror has taken up 35,443,025 common shares of Western Wind Energy Corp. ("Western Wind" or the "Company") pursuant to its all-cash offer to acquire the common shares of Western Wind for $2.60 per share (the "Offer"). The common shares taken up represent 59.7% of the common shares held by shareholders independent of Brookfield Renewable. Brookfield Renewable will now own 46,767,375 common shares of Western Wind representing 66.1% of the issued and outstanding common shares.
"We are very pleased with the successful outcome of our bid and look forward to incorporating these complementary energy assets into our renewable power portfolio," said Richard Legault, President and Chief Executive Officer of Brookfield Renewable. "This will increase our operating wind capacity in the attractive California market by 56% to nearly 430 MW, while the company's other operating and development stage assets are expected to create further value over time."
Other Renewable News
- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA again donates renewable energy certificates to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Honor of Earth Day
- 3M celebrates 10-year record of EPA ENERGY STAR sustained excellence award
- SolarWorld powers spread of grass-roots community solar purchasing from coast to coast
- Canadian Solar to supply 43MW of solar modules in Japan
- Nice-Pak products and PDI complete largest Rooftop solar array in Rockland County
- Renewable Energy Group achieves one billion gallon milestone
- KYOCERA invests in solar projects valued at $38M with U.S. Light Energy
- InterGen announces agreement with IEnova for the purchase of 50 percent of the first phase of the Energía Sierra Juarez wind project