News Archive for Borealis News, Borouge News

Borealis Student Innovation Award 2010 Recipients Announced

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2011
Borealis, a leading provider of chemical and innovative plastics solutions, has selected the 2010 recipients of its Borealis Student Innovation Award. The award recognises the most innovative research papers on polyolefins, olefins or melamine for master’s and doctorate degree students. The winners were presented with an award, certificate and monetary prize at Borealis’ annual Innovation Day on January 20 in Porvoo, Finland.
Read more…

EnCore Oil announces Drilling operations on Catcher North

EnCore Oil plc (LSE: EO.) announces that the Catcher North appraisal well 28/9-3 in Central North Sea Block 28/9 was spudded at 08.00 hours on Monday 24 January 2011. Read more…

Ecopetrol and Talisman Energy finalize the purchase of BP in Colombia and announce change of company name

Once obtained the corresponding authorizations, Ecopetrol S.A. (Ecopetrol) (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; BVL: EC; TSX: ECP) and Talisman Colombia Holdco Limited (Talisman) completed today the acquisition of BP Exploration Company (Colombia) Limited for US$1.750 billion. Ecopetrol will have 51% of the new company and Talisman the remaining 49%. Read more…

Songa Offshore SE announces increase of ownership in Deepwater Driller Ltd.

Reference is made to the press release sent out by Songa Offshore SE (the “Company”) on 24 March 2010 regarding the investment of 31,25% of the shares in Deepwater Driller Ltd (“Deepwater Driller”).  Deepwater Driller owns the “Songa Eclipse”, a 6th generation Friede & Goldman ExD ultra-deepwater semi-submersible drilling rig under construction at Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd, Singapore (“Jurong”) with scheduled delivery in August 2011.  Read more…

Africa Oil enters next Exploration Phase and becomes operator in Kenya Block 9

Africa Oil Corp. (“Africa Oil” or the “Company”) (TSX VENTURE:AOI)(OMX:AOI) is pleased to announce that Africa Oil, together with its joint venture partner, Lion Energy Corp. (“Lion”), has entered into the First Additional Exploration Phase under the Block 9 Production Sharing Contract Agreement (“PSC”) in Kenya. As a result of the withdrawal of its two other joint venture partners, Africa Oil will now hold a 66.7% working interest in the PSC and has been approved by the government as Operator of Block 9. Lion will hold the remaining 33.3%. As a condition of entering the First Additional Exploration Phase, 25% of the original contract area will be relinquished. The First Additional Exploration Phase commenced on December 31, 2010 and will expire on December 31, 2013 with a one well work commitment (minimum depth 1,500 meters). Read more…

AusTex Oil announces drilling commences on Pratt #1 Well

Castle Resources Inc., as operator, advises that drilling operations on the Pratt #1 well commenced on Sunday 23 January (Kansas Time). Surface casing has been set to 216 feet and the rig is drilling ahead at 2,400 feet. Drilling operations are expected to continue until the end of this week. Read more…

Hanwha SolarOne defines new identity and Synergies with Hanwha Group

Hanwha SolarOne Co., Ltd. (f/k/a Solarfun Power Holdings Co., Ltd., or “Hanwha SolarOne” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: SOLF), a vertically integrated manufacturer of silicon ingots, wafers and photovoltaic (“PV”) cells and modules in China, today expanded upon the significance behind its transition from the “Solarfun” brand name to its new “Hanwha SolarOne” identity. Read more…

Sunvalley Solar awarded another $1.375M solar contract in Thermal, CA

Sunvalley Solar, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: SSOL), a leading provider of solar power technology and solar integration systems, announced that it has signed a commercial solar installation contract with Aqua Farming Tech, Inc. in the city of Thermal, California. Read more…

Gamesa to deliver 8 MW for wind power project in New Zealand

Gamesa is to supply nine Gamesa G52-850 kW, i.e. a total installed capacity of 7.65 MW, to Pioneer Generation Ltd. for the Mount Stuart wind farm in New Zealand. Read more…

Prime Ministers Salih and Maliki agree to resume KRG oil exports and review 2011 budget

Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Barham Salih this week in Baghdad met Iraq’s Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki and other Iraqi officials. They discussed this year’s budget and agreed that oil exports from the Kurdistan Region would resume by February. Read more…

Fairstar Heavy Transport awarded new contract for the FJORD

Fairstar Heavy Transport NV (FAIR) has been awarded a contract by Grinaker – LTA Construction Nigeria Ltd., Nigeria, a member of the Worley Parsons Group. The Fairstar semi-submersible vessel FJORD departed from its home port in Rotterdam on January 21 and is now sailing to a rendezvous point in the vicinity of the Chevron EGTL facility in Escravos Nigeria. The total contract value is approximately USD 900 thousand and requires approximately six transportation/project days. Read more…

Imperial Resources, Inc. enters Nunnelly #1 well project

Imperial Resources, Inc. today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Imperial Oil & Gas, Inc. (together the “Company”, “Imperial”) has entered into an Oil and Gas lease (“Agreement”) with the mineral owner of approximately 35 acres and an existing wellbore in Montague County Texas (“Project”). Read more…

Black Hawk Exploration adds to Strategic Oil Holdings and files for drilling permits

Black Hawk Exploration. (OTC Bulletin Board: BHWX), a diversified metals and energy exploration company, is pleased to announce it is expanding its oil and gas lease holdings in Cowley County, Kansas with the acquisition of an additional 425 acres.  Historical production from the Layton zone previously produced over 30 barrels of oil per day. Black Hawk plans to proceed with an Intent to Wash Down the Sellers 1(B) well recently acquired and has submitted permit applications for a Notice of Intent to Drill with the Kansas Corporation Commission, Oil and Gas Conservation Division. A Slick Water Frac is scheduled and a decision regarding a horizontal drill program will be made within the next 2 weeks. BHWX has contracted Val Energy Inc. to provide the Company with a drill rig for the operation. Black Hawk has filed for a projected total depth of 3600 feet. Read more…

Q8Aviation secures major services agreement with National Oil Ethiopia

Q8Aviation has signed a major Services Agreement with National Oil Ethiopia (NOC), further strengthening Q8Aviation’s presence in Africa. Read more…

Sunvalley Solar awarded 62KW solar installation contract in Coachella, CA

Sunvalley Solar, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: SSOL), a leading provider of solar power technology and solar integration systems, announced that it has signed a commercial solar installation contract with Leja Farms in Coachella, California. Read more…

Praxair wins solar contracts in China

Praxair Electronics has won three new contracts with solar customers in China. Under the new contracts, Praxair is supplying:

“With more than 15 major new solar contracts over the past year, Praxair will continue its support of the rapidly growing solar supply chain as countries around the world look to diversify their energy supply.” Read more…

ERM boosted by £4m renewable energy projects

A STRING of deals including work in the offshore wind and hydro-electric sectors is expected to give a £4 million boost to the Scottish practice of an international risk consultancy firm.Environmental Resources Management (ERM), which has offices in Aberdeen and Edinburgh, has won a contract to carry out the environmental impact assessment (EIA) and manage the consent process for the Beatrice offshore wind farm off the coast of  Caithness. The project – which is being developed by Perth-based utilities giant Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE) and Aberdeen-based consultancy SeaEnergy Renewables – proposes to erect 184 turbines about 13.5 kilometres off the coast. Read more…

Gamesa offshore wind technology centre to Scotland

Spanish wind turbine manufacturer Gamesa plans to set up its offshore wind technology centre in Glasgow, Scotland, creating 130 jobs. Read more…

Isofoton and Indra collaborate on solar CPV tracker

Isofoton and Indra will collaborate on the development of a high concentration (HCPV) tracker, monitoring and control systems for concentrating solar photovoltaic (CPV) installations and grid connected inverters. Read more…

Member Profiles

Featured Profile

Featured White Paper

Featured Case Study

Featured Video