News Archive for Petrochemical News, Project News

Samsung Engineering awarded a 1.43 bn USD petrochemical plant order from OPaL in India, the biggest plant contract in the hydrocarbon sector in India

Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

Samsung Engineering in consortium with Linde (Germany) has been  awarded by ONGC Petro addition Ltd. (OPaL) a new engineering, procurement, construction & commissioning contract for a naptha and gas dual feed ethylene cracker unit and associated units plant worth approximately 1.43 billion USD (Samsung Engineering at 0.96 billion USD and Linde at 0.47 billion USD).
Read more…

Ambitious EU climate change and energy package

Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

European Parliament has today by great majority endorsed last weeks’ decision of the EU Heads of State on an ambitious EU climate and energy package. This package contains two EU Directives of relevant importance for wind power, the Directive on Renewable Energy (RE) and the Directive on the European Emission Trading Scheme (ETS).

Read more…

Otto Energy Provides Galoc Oil Field – Operations Update

Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

Further to Otto Energy Limited’s (ASX: OEL) announcement on 16 December, Otto provides an update regarding the temporary suspension of operations at the Galoc Oil Field. Otto last reported that the mooring and riser system (M&RS) to the FPSO had been disconnected and laid on the sea floor due to a combination of events including adverse weather conditions. This disconnection is a standard operating practice for this mooring arrangement in such weather conditions.
Read more…

RIL wins a Deep Water block in NELP VII

Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

Reliance Industries Ltd., along with BP was awarded the Deep Water block KG-DWN-2005/2 offered under NELP VII. The agreement was signed today at New Delhi. RIL has 70% participating interest and BP holds the remaining 30% participating interest and is also the Operator of the block.
Read more…

TNK-BP Will Start Industrial Development of the Ust-Tegusskoe and Urnenskoe Oil Fields of the Uvat Project in Q1 2009

Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

TNK-BP is going to begin industrial development of the Ust-Tegusskoe and Urnenskoe oil fields of the Uvat project in Q1 2009. The Public Relations Department of TNK-BP Sibir, a subsidiary of TNK-BP Management in Tyumen, informed that implementation of the Uvat project will be started from the eastern group of fields, namely, the Ust-Tegusskoe and Urnenskoe oil fields.
Read more…

Member Profiles

Featured Profile

Featured Profile

Featured Videos

Featured Case Studies