Bering Exploration moves workover rig in on its Louisiana prospect with potential gross reserves of 1,000,000 gross barrels of oil or $95,000,000
Monday, Jan 21, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bering Exploration, Inc., (OTCBB: BERX) announced today that it has moved a workover rig in on to its N. Edna Prospect in Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana. Bering has reentered the existing wellbore and completed the perforation of an existing, previously untapped zone. Bering expects the results of the perforation to be known in the next three to five days. The entire prospect has potential gross reserves of 1,000,000 barrels of oil, which, based upon today's prices, equates to a gross value of more than $95 million. Bering currently owns a 100% working interest in this prospect.
"We are pleased that our efforts to revitalize this existing well are progressing," stated Steven Plumb, VP of Finance of Bering.
About Bering Exploration, Inc.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Bering Exploration, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas company that focuses on identifying, evaluating, developing and acquiring potential natural gas and oil wells in the Gulf Coast onshore region. Additional information about Bering can be found on the web at www.beringexplore.com.
SOURCE Bering Exploration
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Drilling News
- The IADC announces annual North Sea safety awards presented
- Afren plc announces OPL 310 - farm out agreement secured and exploration drilling commenced
- TAG Oil's Ngapaeruru-1 well intersects oil and gas shows in source rock
- Senex Energy Limited announces major new conventional gas field identified at Hornet
- Atwood Oceanics announces contract for the Atwood Aurora
- Pacific Rubiales provides update on oil discovery in the Bilby-1 exploration well, Karoon blocks, offshore Santos Basin, Brazil
- Statoil announces Noble Corporation has been awarded the drilling services for Mariner project
- Noble receives contract award for new ultra-high specification jackup to be constructed for Mariner project