Bellhaven adds gold at the El Limon target at the La Mina project, Colombia
Friday, Dec 28, 2012Bellhaven Copper & Gold Inc. (TSX VENTURE:BHV) ("Bellhaven" or the "Company") is pleased to report drill results from eight recent holes at the La Mina Project in Colombia (Figures 1 and 6). The first five holes tested new soil geochemical targets associated with the El Limon mineralized porphyry, north of the Middle Zone resource. Two additional holes undercut known historical mine workings on the west side of Middle Zone (an area known as the Adit Target), and finally one hole filled a gap in the deeper portions of the Middle Zone.
The program added much needed information at El Limon, where a 2011 drill hole (LMDDH-21) encountered 67m of 0.25 g/t Au. Two of the El Limon holes confirmed significant widths of alteration and mineralization within 300m of the Middle Zone resource. The Adit Target is a newly realized structure exhibiting higher-grade silver vein-type mineralization that may transition to gold-rich veins at depth. For maps showing the location of the drill holes, as well as the corresponding geologic cross sections highlighting the gold-copper intercepts, please use the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/
Patrick Highsmith, Bellhaven's CEO, commented on the latest drilling:
"We have improved upon the best intercept at the El Limon porphyry, but these results don't satisfy our short-term goal for the second half of 2012 of adding near-surface higher-grade mineralization around Middle Zone. There may still be resource additions at El Limon, but they are likely to come from deeper in the system. The first test of the Adit Target confirmed the presence of higher-grade silver in epithermal veins; and these veins may be indicative of deeper porphyry or gold vein mineralization. In the course of executing our systematic exploration plan, it was important to test these shallow targets that adjoin our known resources. However, early in 2013 we turn our attention to the new Garrucha discovery and the un-drilled Cristalina target."
Other Metal News
- Inca One Resources Corp. announces toll mill secured to process Corizona Gold high-grade vein material
- Transol secures government funding to target gold potential at its Southern Cross Bore Project
- Siemens to modernize copper rod mill in France
- Maudore updates estimate of Mineral Resources at Vezza gold deposit, Matagami, Quebec
- New Walsh Lake drilling improving Seabridge Gold's Courageous Lake Project
- Aureus Mining Inc. - ball mill order for the new Liberty Gold Project
- Quaker Chemical Corporation announces introducing two new technologies at AISTech 2013
- Castillian Resources and Ridgemont Iron Ore sign definitive agreement for proposed merger