BC LNG Export Co-Operative makes first contract awards
Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BC LNG Export Co-Operative, LLC announced today that it has finalized Contract Awards for both Feed Gas Supply and LNG Purchase and Off-take for Train #1 of the Douglass Channel LNG Project. The Douglass Channel LNG Project is expected to produce approximately 700,000 metric tones of per annum of liquefied natural gas from the initial planned production facility beginning in Q2 2015.
The Contract Award for LNG Purchase and Off-take was made jointly to Golar LNG Limited and LNG Partners, LLC. The Contract award for Feed Gas Supply was made to LNG Partners, LLC.
LNG Partners, LLC has agreed in principle to work with Tenaska Marketing Canada, a division of TMV Corp., to procure and/or manage the Feed Gas Supply for the Douglass Channel LNG Project.
Golar LNG Limited and LNG Partners, LLC are working towards finalizing a financing package for the project that would provide for construction and commissioning of initial facilities subject to receipt of the final required permits.
Golar LNG Limited and LNG Partners, LLC are currently requesting proposals for the purchase of contracted LNG volumes on a Destination Ex-Ship basis.
The Douglas Channel LNG Project is being jointly developed by the Haisla Nation and Douglas Channel Gas Services Ltd., and is expected to be Canada's first operational LNG export project.
BC LNG Export Co-Operative, LLC was formed in February 2011 by the Haisla Nation and LNG Partners, LLC to provide an open access forum for Western Canadian natural gas producers and global LNG consumers to provide gas supply to and LNG off-take from the Douglas Channel LNG Project.
SOURCE BC LNG Export Co-Operative, LLC
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other LNG News
- Gazprom and Gazprombank to jointly implement Baltic LNG and Vladivostok LNG projects
- Tolling Agreement Term Sheet signed with the AES Group another step for Magnolia LNG Project
- JGC wins LNG plant rejuvenation project in Malaysia
- PETRONAS Signs New LNG Supply Agreement With CPC Corporation Of Taiwan
- API urges focus on the strategic importance of U.S. LNG exports
- Sovcomflot wins Marine Money’s ”Deal of the Year” award for project financing of LNG carriers construction
- AusGroup awarded AU$174 million scaffolding contract on the Ichthys LNG Project
- Linde process plants to present the advantages of standardization for NGL recovery and LNG plants at the DUG Midcontinent Conference