Baker Hughes announces November 2012 rig counts
Monday, Dec 10, 2012
HOUSTON, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI) announced today that the international rig count for November 2012 was 1,267, up 8 from the 1,259 counted in October 2012, and up 82 from the 1,185 counted in November 2011. The international offshore rig count for November 2012 was 300, down 6 from the 306 counted in October 2012 and down 2 from the 302 counted in November 2011.
The average U.S. rig count for November 2012 was 1,809, down 25 from the 1,834 counted in October 2012 and down 202 from the 2,011 counted in November 2011. The average Canadian rig count for November 2012 was 384, up 19 from the 365 counted in October 2012 and down 103 from the 487 counted in November 2011.
The worldwide rig count for November 2012 was 3,460, up 2 from the 3,458 counted in October 2012 and down 223 from the 3,683 counted in November 2011.
About the Baker Hughes Rig Counts
The Baker Hughes Rotary Rig Counts are counts of the number of drilling rigs actively exploring for or developing oil or natural gas in the United States, Canada and international markets. Baker Hughes has issued the rotary rig counts as a service to the petroleum industry since 1944, when Hughes Tool Company began weekly counts of US and Canadian drilling activity. Baker Hughes initiated the monthly international rig count in 1975.
North American rig count data is scheduled to be released at noon central time on the last working day of each week. The international rig count is scheduled to be released on the 5th working day of the month. Additional detailed information on the Baker Hughes rig counts is available from our website.
SOURCE Baker Hughes Incorporated
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Drilling News
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces Stella field development drilling commences
- Dolphin Drilling Ltd unveils new deepwater drillship
- Ithaca Energy Inc. announces Stella field development drilling commences 18 June 2013
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc. announces letter of award for a 5 well drilling contract for the Ocean Rig Skyros
- GeoPark Holdings Limited announces new development drilling success in Tua oil field in Colombia
- AGR announcess major operator signs up for Enhanced Drilling’s RMR® services in USD3m agreement
- Lundin Petroleum AB announcess Johan Sverdrup PL265 appraisal well 16/2-17S and exploration well 16/2-17B successfully completed
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate announces delineation of the 16/2-6 Johan Sverdrup oil discovery – 16/2-17 S and 16/2-17 B