B&W announces $36 million in contracts for Naval Reactors assembly and materials procurement
Tuesday, Feb 12, 2013
The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W) (NYSE:BWC) announced today that its subsidiary Babcock & Wilcox Nuclear Operations Group, Inc. (B&W NOG) has received two U.S. Naval Reactors Program contracts totaling approximately $36 million.
“The role that B&W’s unique capabilities play in preparing and supporting the men and women who serve aboard the U.S. Navy’s nuclear fleet is a source of immense pride for our workforce.”
The larger of the two awards, valued at approximately $32 million, is for the assembly of nuclear propulsion components for Virginia Class submarines. Work began in the fourth quarter of 2012 and will be performed at B&W’s Lynchburg, Va. facility over a four-year period.
Under the second contract, worth approximately $4 million, B&W will procure long-lead materials related to the manufacture of nuclear components for Virginia Class submarines.
“B&W is pleased to continue providing the U.S. Naval Reactors Program with products and services through these two new contracts,” said Peyton S. Baker, President of B&W NOG. “The role that B&W’s unique capabilities play in preparing and supporting the men and women who serve aboard the U.S. Navy’s nuclear fleet is a source of immense pride for our workforce.”
B&W offers a complete range of nuclear components and services, including the manufacture of nuclear reactor components for U.S. Navy submarines and aircraft carriers, as well as other nuclear and non-nuclear R&D and component production. The company employs more than 3,900 people with operations in Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and a subsidiary in Tennessee.
Source: Business Wire
Other Defence News
- Nuclear Materials Safeguards and Security Upgrade Project completed under budget
- Animatronic mannequin to test protective equipment
- Airbus Defence and Space announces expands VSAT coverage in the Indian Ocean
- Bowtech Products Ltd shortlisted as “Employer of the Year” finalist in Grampian Awards for Business Excellence.
- Airbus Defence and Space announces launches next generation XChange for flexible maritime satellite communications
- CGI awarded DISA operational security certification for defense cloud services
- L-3 MAPPS Selected to Design the Integrated Platform Management System for the Royal Canadian Navy’s Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship Project
- Republic of Korea air force accepts first C-130J Super Hercules