Ascent Solar announces availability of EnerPlex™ solar powered charger for Samsung Galaxy S® III
Tuesday, Jan 15, 2013
Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTI), a manufacturer of state-of-the-art, flexible thin-film photovoltaic modules, announced today the retail debut of the company's EnerPlex solar assisted battery case for the Samsung Galaxy S III, now available for sale at www.goenerplex.com. The EnerPlex Surfr for Galaxy S III takes advantage of Ascent's ultra-light, thin and flexible solar panels and enables Galaxy users to charge their smartphones with sunlight in addition to conventional charging methods to extend the usage time.
The Surfr was displayed at CES 2013 last week, along with other new products from the company. The EnerPlex Surfr cases will also be available in the US through additional retail channels in the near future.
“We were pleased and excited by the response the Surfr for the S III garnered at CES 2013. The interest and accolades received continue to affirm the Surfr's position as the premium solar & battery case available on the market today.”
The EnerPlex case for Galaxy S III is uniquely enabled by the lightweight, thin and highly customizable form factor of Ascent's CIGS solar cells, allowing solar technology to be integrated into the thinnest and lightest solar-enabled iPhone case on the market. Paired with an ultra-thin lithium-ion battery the EnerPlex case provides hours of additional audio, web and talk time for users.
Ascent Solar's President and CEO, Victor Lee, said: "We were pleased and excited by the response the Surfr for the S III garnered at CES 2013. The interest and accolades received continue to affirm the Surfr's position as the premium solar & battery case available on the market today.”
Source: Business Wire
Other Renewable News
- Canadian Solar donates PV modules to power the OrcaLab Whale Research Centre
- SENER attends the beginning of construction commemorative ceremony of thermosolar plant in Morocco
- NAV CANADA projects a 21 million metric ton reduction in aviation-related GHG emissions
- IBERDROLA completes geotechnical studies for its Wikinger offshore wind farm in Germany
- Canadian Solar, Duke Energy Renewables, Integrys Energy Services and Community Energy Complete Solar projects for Sterling Municipal Light in Massachu
- Tata Power, Clean Energy and IFC InfraVentures to develop projects in Georgia for power sale to Turkey/Europe electricity market
- REC Solar completes Pioneering Colorado community solar project
- Green Energy Renewable Solutions, Inc. merges with Cirque Energy II, LLC