Array Technologies, Inc. wins 268 MW supply contract for California PV Solar Project
Friday, Nov 16, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Array Technologies, Inc., a USA-based manufacturer and leading supplier of solar tracking systems and related products for utility, commercial and residential PV customers worldwide, has announced it has been selected to supply its DuraTrack™ horizontal, single-axis solar trackers for one of the world's largest photovoltaic plants. The utility plant will be located in California's Imperial Valley and will have an installed capacity of 268 MW DC.
The solar plant received Full Notice to Proceed on November 9, 2012—a noteworthy milestone for what will be one of North America's most important photovoltaic projects.
The southern California installation will be interconnected to the San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE) grid as a Qualified Facility for a Large Generator Interconnection Agreement (LGIA) under California Independent System Operator Corporation jurisdiction.
Array Technologies' DuraTrack single-axis tracker is widely regarded as the leading utility-scale tracker due to its smart, reliable and robust design and unique ability to conform to a diverse range of topography, environmental conditions, site configurations and module types.
For this landmark project, the DuraTrack will support First Solar's thin-film modules. Array Technologies' intelligent engineering provides a material-efficient tracking design for mounting these frameless modules and enables the lowest levelized cost of energy (LCOE) possible for utility-scale PV power plants.
The trackers will be delivered over a 9-month period and the PV solar plant will come into operation progressively during the second half of 2013. A pioneer in the solar industry, Array Technologies has over 700 MWs of installed product around the world and has recently entered into contracts to ship 900 MW over the next 12 months to meet the growing demand of the utility-scale PV market.
About Array Technologies
Array Technologies, Inc., provides unequalled expertise in engineering and manufacturing innovative solar tracking and racking systems for utilities, corporations, and small businesses worldwide. Array's patented tracker designs have established the standard for cost-effective, robust, reliable, and easy to install tracking solutions. Headquartered in Albuquerque, NM, Array Technologies' trackers and racks are manufactured in the USA. Visit us at www.arraytechinc.com .
SOURCE Array Technologies, Inc.
Other Renewable News
- Three International wind power exhibitions to take place in Shanghai in July 2014
- Bharat Light & Power selects OSIsoft PI System to support renewable energy growth in India
- JinkoSolar successfully connects two solar PV projects totaling 39MW to the grid in Jiangsu Province
- Yingli Green Energy signs cooperation agreement with Sailing Capital to jointly form a one billion RMB renewable energy fund
- IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA in Russia to construct the 1,020 MW substation for the Votkinskaya hydropower station
- Silver Fox® labels exhibit excellent results in latest long-term UV tests
- Introducing Trinity, a portable wind turbine power station for charging USB devices
- SolarWorld signs supply agreement with PetersenDean, largest privately held U.S. Roofing and Solar Company