Argus acquires TABrewer Consulting, expands presence in petrochemical consulting
Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus today announced the acquisition of TABrewer Consulting (TABrewer), a provider of consulting services and business intelligence to the hydrocarbon resins and carbon number 5 (C5) olefinic chemical industries.
Founded in 2003 by Tom Brewer, TABrewer offers highly specialised consulting and business intelligence services. TABrewer has had a relationship with Argus DeWitt — the petrochemical price reporting and business intelligence unit that Argus acquired in July 2012 — for a number of years, as Tom Brewer has been a significant contributor to the Argus DeWitt Hydrocarbon Resin Newsletter and will continue in that role.
As part of the transaction, Tom Brewer will become vice-president of business development at Argus DeWitt. Nellie Perry, an experienced C5 consultant at TABrewer, will also join Argus DeWitt as a consultant.
Argus Media chairman and chief executive Adrian Binks said: "We are delighted to welcome Tom Brewer and TABrewer Consulting to Argus. Tom is a seasoned professional with unique abilities and we look forward to building the C5 services and our overall petrochemicals business with him and his colleague."
Tom Brewer added: "We are very pleased to be joining Argus and look forward to continuing to develop its C5 range and adding value to the Argus DeWitt portfolio of petrochemicals products and services."
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with nearly 500 full time staff. It is headquartered in London and has offices in each of the world's principal energy centres. Its main activities comprise publishing market reports containing price assessments, market commentary and news, and business intelligence reports that analyse market and industry trends.
More than half of Argus' staff are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and an Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
SOURCE Argus Media
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Petrochemical News
- BASF to establish world-scale specialty amines plant in Nanjing, China
- Independence Oilfield Chemicals introduces new crosslinking system, enables lower chemical content for fluids in unconventional shale fracturing
- Amarinth wins its first order from INEOS for flare knock-out pumps
- Gazprom’s expansion in Armenia guarantees sound and sustainable development of Armenian fuel and energy sector
- Air Products and NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN Pipeline & Engineering Co. Ltd. sign agreement for Hydrogen Fueling Station work in Japan
- Further to the announcement of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) related to its subsidiary Maaden Phosphate Company (MPC) shut down
- Strengthening of petrochemical operations in Japan
- Basic agreement on unification of naphtha cracker facilities in Mizushima