ALTIVIA Corporation sold to Brenntag for $125 million
Thursday, Jan 03, 2013
HOUSTON, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ALTIVIA Corporation today announced that it has been sold for $125 million to Brenntag, the German-headquartered global leader in chemical distribution. Not included in the transaction is the company's affiliate, ALTIVIA Chemicals, LLC, which will continue to operate the ferric and ferrous sulfate production facilities in Pasadena, Texas and its aluminium polymers business.
"This transaction allows ALTIVIA Corporation's employees and core businesses the opportunity to join with a global leader and significantly expand their market reach," said ALTIVIA Chief Executive Officer and founder J. Michael Jusbasche. "Our chemical manufacturing company, ALTIVIA Chemicals, LLC, will seek new chemical manufacturing investments and operate the iron and aluminum polymer coagulants business. This transaction strengthens our growth opportunities for ALTIVIA Chemicals."
William Fidler, Member of the Management Board of Brenntag AG, said, "ALTIVIA has a leading market position in one of the largest industrial distribution markets in the United States. The acquisition will considerably strengthen our regional organization in the Southwest as well as our water additives business, which is one of our focus industries globally. Its strategically located facility in Houston with barge and rail capabilities will allow for efficiency gains and further expansion of our business."
About ALTIVIA Corporation
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, privately held ALTIVIA Corporation was founded in 1986 and is the leading regional producer and distributor of water treatment additives and commodity chemicals. With manufacturing and distribution facilities in Houston, San Antonio, and Manor, Texas, Marlow, Oklahoma and St. Gabriel, Louisiana, ALTIVIA serves municipal and industrial customers with a broad range of chemical solutions including proprietary blends formulated for specific water treatment applications. Products manufactured and distributed by
ALTIVIA include Sodium Hypochlorite, Aluminum Sulfate, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, AQUALUM, Chlorine, Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic) and Sulfuric Acid.
About ALTIVIA Chemicals
Affiliate ALTIVIA Chemicals, LLC operates a production facility for ferric and ferrous sulfate utilized for potable and wastewater treatment.
Brenntag is the global market leader in full-line chemical distribution. Brenntag provides business-to-business distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals globally. With over 10,000 products Brenntag offers solutions to more than 160,000 customers. The services include just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging and inventory management. Headquartered Germany, the company operates more than 400 locations in 70 countries. In 2011 the company realized global sales of USD 12.1 billion with nearly 13,000 employees.
SOURCE ALTIVIA Corporation
Other Chemical News
- BASF breaks ground on new resin plant in Shanghai, China
- Neste Oil together with its Dutch partners win a Sustainable Bio Award for their work on sustainable aviation biofuel
- Aberdeen microbiology experts delighted their toxicity tests are included in DECC preferred method of offshore discharge testing to reduce marine envi
- Toyota Tsusho enters direct methanol fuel cell business-signs Japan exclusive agency agreement with U.S. fuel cell venturec
- Linde Canada Ltd. acquires Quebec safety equipment distributor
- Frost & Sullivan announces Europe and North America drive demand for premium, sustainable lubricants to meet environmental regulations
- Succinity produces first commercial quantities of biobased succinic acid
- BASF to establish world-scale specialty amines plant in Nanjing, China