Aker Solutions wins drilling riser contract
Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) for the delivery of a deepwater drilling riser system to the DSME shipyard in South Korea.
The 10 000 ft deepwater drilling CLIP riser system will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' manufacturing plant in Port Klang, Malaysia. Delivery of the drilling riser system is scheduled for November 2014. The contract value is undisclosed.
The delivery is related to the second of two options included in the drilling riser contract announced in July 2011.
"We are very pleased to see our customer DSME exercising their option for the Aker Solutions CLIP riser system," says Thor Arne Håverstad, head of Aker Solutions' drilling technologies business.
Aker Solutions has delivered 16 drilling riser systems in the past 16 months, with positive feedback from operations.
"I am proud to see that we are able to deliver another deepwater CLIP riser to our returning customers. These achievements are the results of the CLIP risers' operational advantages, our technology expertise and service offering in the deepwater drilling market," says Tom Munkejord, head of Aker Solutions' drilling riser business.
Aker Solutions offers complete drilling equipment packages, including project management, conceptual design, detailed engineering and procurement. Aker Solutions provides the full range of topside drilling equipment and systems, and worldwide customer support through a global drilling lifecycle services organisation.
The contract has been signed and booked as order intake in Q4 2012.
Source: Aker Solutions
To access over 3,000 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today
Other Project News
- Saipem announces awarded FPSO contracts in Angola worth more than $4 billion
- Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery
- Octagon 88 Resources announces Red Earth light oil project update
- Lamprell has received a new contract award for the construction and delivery of two Mobile Offshore Drilling Platforms
- New Dragados offshore contract secured for IKM Testing
- Ezion Secures a contract with an approximate value of USD43.7 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a South Asian Based Nat
- Ezion Secures a contract with a value of approximately USD35 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to support a middle eastern state
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for incinerator in Vietnam