Aker Solutions to create 500 new Scottish jobs
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Oil and gas firm Aker Solutions has announced plans to create 500 new jobs in the north east of Scotland over the next two years.
The Norway-listed company already has 2,700 people working in Scotland on subsea and drilling technology bases in Dyce and Portlethen.
Aker specialises in extending the life-span of offshore platforms.
The jobs are on top of 350 new Scottish posts announced by Aker last year.
Other Oil Recruitment News
- Canadian business opportunities in Asia Pacific emerging markets
- Industry leaders meeting in Glasgow next month to discuss ‘The global decommissioning legacy – Burden or Bonanza?'
- USW opposes export of U.S. crude oil cites resulting job loss, other factors
- Unique Maritime Group Locks In Key Appointment
- Attention on retention as engineering skills shortage continues
- Aasta Hansteen creating 200 jobs in the north
- Survey reveals increasing representation and opportunity for women in the oil and gas industry in recent years
- Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce oil and gas survey confirms bright future for North Sea