3+2 year ROV frame agreement awarded to IKM Subsea by Nexans Norway
Wednesday, Jan 23, 2013IKM Subsea have been awarded a 3+2 year frame agreement by Nexans Norway for ROV services.
Merlin WR200 ROV represents a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) work class with deepwater capabilities.
The contract has an expected value in excess of 100 million NOK. Initially the frame agreement will include ROV services onboard Nexans Cable lay ship, Skagerrak Nexans. Further ROV work on other vessels chartered by Nexans Norway is also expected.
“The cable lay market is a new area for us, we are therefore extremely happy that a local Norwegian owned and operated ROV company was able to beat the big foreign owned ROV companies in winning such a big frame agreement” says IKM Subsea Managing Director, Ben Pollard.
Source: IKM Group
Other Subsea News
- Prysmian awarded contract to install submarine cables
- EnQuest places North Sea IRM project with Hallin
- FMC Technologies receives $26 million subsea equipment order for ConocoPhillips Bayu Undan Phase 3 Project
- Bowtech Products Ltd donates £7,000 state-of-the-art camera and light system to Police Scotland’s Dive and Marine Unit in Aberdeen, UK
- Cargotec receives EUR 37 million order for MacGregor offshore cranes from Hornbeck Offshore Services
- Statoil announces Noble Corporation has been awarded the drilling services for Mariner project
- Noble receives contract award for new ultra-high specification jackup to be constructed for Mariner project
- Vector Technology Group proud to get recognition award from Technip for MWCS subsea project